I hope it's not to early to start thinking Christmas. Christmas is my favourite holiday of the year especially the gift giving part. Homemade gifts are budget friendly and thoughtful especially when they are packaged really pretty. They are perfect as Christmas party favours and gives a unique and lovely feel if set near the front door as a carry-out gift. Below are a few of my favourite edible homemade gifts with instructions and downloadable templates.
1. Mix things up with bakerella's cowgirl or cowboy cookies. Simply feel smooth ball jars with ingredients for cookies, add a little fabric, labels and a suede bow. Instructions can be found here on the bakerella site and free printable labels can be downloaded here.
2. International spices from country living magazine. Recipes and how-to's can be found here.
3. Homemade Jam in a Jar made from seasonal berries. I love the free printable labels/tags by Kristen of Domestifluff. Download her free labels here.
4. Have homemade cookies in this festive mailing tubes. Instructions for making tubes can be found here on Martha Stewart's site.
5. I love the idea of a recipe card with a delicious sample such as this curried lentil soup. Consists of dried lentils and seasoning layered in a mason jar, courtesy of GoodHouseKeeping. Recipe can be found here. Recipe card-how-to can be found here on Martha Stewart's site.
6. Ginger bread cookies in a tin by real simple magazine. Click here for recipe.
7. Rich tasting homemade fudge sauce is great when drizzled over ice cream and indulging dessert. Recipe by real simple magazine. Click here for recipe.
Image 1 source: bhg